Robert Logan Marshall
Date of Birth
U.S. Navy Captain Robert L. Marshall served in World War II from 1943 to 1946 and during the Korean War, from 1951 to 1953. He was commissioned at Columbia University, New York, in 1945. He is a retired officer of the U.S. Naval Reserve Corps.
Tours of Duty:
• Navy V-12 Program, Warrensburg, MO.
• Columbia University Midshipmen's School, Officer Candidate.
• USS The Sullivans, DD 537.
• Board of Review, Discharge and Dismissals, Washington DC.
• USS Barton, DD722.
• Instructor, Officers Candidate School, Newport, RI.
Bob was one of the 12 sons, grandsons, great grandsons, and sons-in-law (of Ira Thomas Marshall Sr. and his wife Bertha) who have served in World War II, Korea, the Gulf War, and Iraq
Awards and Medals
World War II—1943 - 1946
Korean War—1951 - 1953
Gunnery Officer—USS Barton, USS The Sullivans