Sergeant Keith Walker entered the U. S. Army in June 1999 and is still serving.
First assignment was South Korea (1999 - 2000).
Duty in Kuwait (2002).
Returned back to Iraq (2003).
Sergeant Walker was awarded the following medals on 15 December 2003 after he was critically wounded.
• Purple Heart on 15 December 2003, for wounds received in action while serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• VIPERS Certificate of Achievement from 519th Military Police Battalion for exceptional meritorious performance of duty during ground combat in support of Iraqi Freedom.
• 549th Military Police Company/18th Military Police Brigade Achievement Award for selfless service for key success of the historic military operation for the Iraqi people.
• Order of the Spur: 2nd Squadron/2nd Armorded Cavalry Regiment. Citation reads: For demonstration of tactical skills, selfless service, and dedication to duty by serving a nation under fire is hereby inducted into the Order of the Spur.
• The Army Commendation medal for exceptional meritorious service as a Team Leader and selfless service during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Sergeant Walker is the son of John M. and Teresa L. Walker.